Digital Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing-What Does Marketers Prefer First?
Today we are going to learn about the different fundamentals of marketing. In any business, marketing plays a vital role. So, before going deep, we should know what is marketing.
Most people think marketing is advertising or branding or some other vague concept while all these are linked with marketing but they are not one and the same.
Here’s the simplest definition of marketing you’re ever likely to come across.
If a circus is coming to your town and you paint a sign saying, “Circus coming to the showground Saturday,” that’s advertising.
If you put the sign on the back of an elephant and walk it into town, that’s promotion.
If the elephant walks through the mayor’s flower bed and the local newspaper writes a story about it, that’s publishing.
And if you get the mayor to laugh about it, that’s public relations.
If the town’s citizens go to the circus, you show them many entertainment booths, explain how much fun they will have spending money at booths, answer their questions, and ultimately, they spend a lot at the circus, that’s sales.
And you planned the whole thing, that’s marketing. It’s as simple as that -marketing is the strategy you use for getting your ideal target market to know you, like you, and trust you enough to become a customer. All the stuff you usually associate with marketing is tactics.
The Law of Marketing:
- Marketing starts before creating the product. If you think you will create the product first and then market it. It will not work. Always keep in mind marketing starts before creating the product. It starts with understanding the customer’s needs that leads to creating a product that fits.
- Marketing is about the right message, to the right person at the right time. Always try to send the right message to your target audience at the right time. To clear this concept let’s see this example. Let a person wants to buy a smartphone. So he is searching it on google. If Google shows him some old handphone with sim-card supported. Surely he will not buy that outdated land phone. His chance of buying will increase if Google shows him some recently launched smartphones in search results. That’s why it is called marketing is about the right message, to the right person at a right time.
- The purpose of marketing is to capture a position in the minds of the customers.
- Marketing is not just about selling. It is also about keeping existing customers happy by communicating with them so that they remain customers for life.
- Advertising, copywriting and sales are different components of marketing.
Differences between Traditional and Digital Marketing:
The main difference between Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing is the medium through which it reaches the target audience.
You know traditional marketing uses Television, Radio, Newspaper, Billboard, Magagizes, etc. On the other hand, Digital Marketing uses websites, social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
In old days, before the development of the Internet, traditional marketing was the only type of marketing. But now almost every company or entrepreneur uses digital marketing.
Most marketers prefer digital marketing first over traditional marketing as digital marketing has some advantages. These are-
- Digital Marketing is cost-effective. In traditional marketing, a marketer needs more money than in digital marketing. So, we can say digital marketing is cheap. Also, it is more effective than traditional marketing.
- You can track your Digital Marketing Campaign using several tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, etc. But it is not possible in traditional marketing.
The CATT Marketing Funnel:
The CATT Marketing Funnel & Framework is a system through which you can dominate the field of Digital Marketing.
To get the best result from Digital Marketing or to grow your online business you should master the CATT Marketing Funnel.
Let’s learn what is CATT Marketing Funnel and why you should master it.
In the word “CATT“,
C stands for Content;
A stands for Attention;
T for Trust and the last letter
T stands for Transaction.
In an online business, your wealth depends on one formula and that is
Here, n = Niche.
Your success depends on the Niche that you choose. If you don’t know what is niche then here is the simplest answer,
“A Niche is a specific topic that you will be covering in your content.”
Now talk about content. Content is like the base of your Digital Marketing career.
You know if the foundation of a house is not hardened, it will move in an earthquake. Similarly, if your content is not good, your online business will suffer. So, you have to create useful content to attract people from your niche.
You can create content in the form of blog posts, YouTube videos, lead magnets, live webinars, etc.
The next part of the CATT Marketing Funnel is Attention. So, let me discuss about Attention.
After creating useful content your job will be driving attention i.e traffic to your content. You can do this by using SEO(Search Engine Optimization), Social Media Platforms, Referrals, and Paid Ads.
When you are able to drive traffic to your content your work will be building trust with your audience. And you can do it in several ways such as Marketing Automation, Retargetting, etc.
The last part of the CATT Marketing Funnel is the Transaction. When people trust you, it will be very easy for you to convert your leads into customers with a natural sales method.