Good and initiative move from UIDAI. Now, you can book an appointment online to avail Aadhar Services at Aadhar Seva Kendras. Recently, UDAI has announced this facility. But till now it is under Beta version.
According to the report, UIDAI is opening such new centers in near about 53 cities across the whole country. Soon, it will be available to the whole country.
What is the aim of this program?
We had to go to the Aadhar center for getting an appointment. It was very time consuming. But with this new move, you can book an appointment online to avail Aadhar Services at your nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra.
From now you don’t need to go to book an appointment. During your booking, you will get the proper time and date. On the given date you have to go with the necessary documents. Follow these steps to book an online appointment
- Go to this link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx
- Select your city or location from the drop-down menu and click on proceed to book an appointment.
- A new tab will open.
- Enter your mobile number and fill the captcha as shown in the picture.
- Now, click on Generate OTP
- You will get an OTP(One Time Password) in your given mobile number. Put the OTP
- Click on veryfy OTP
- A new page will open. Now fill the appoinment details
- After that fill your personal details and address details and click on next
- Now you have to select Appointment date and time
- Keep in mind that if no slot is available then the right side box will appear in red. In this case, you have to select a different date.
- And now you are in the last step. In this step, you have to review your application details. If everything is correct then click on submit and you are done.
Which documents do I need to update my Aadhar?
For mobile number and email id updates, you need to visit an Aadhar Kendra, no documents required.
But for other updates like name, date of birth, address, etc. you should carry your original documents like Voter I’d, Pan Card and Aadhar Card.
But keep in mind that you have to take an appointment first before visiting for any updates.
Do I need to pay any service charge for updates?
Yes, you need to pay a service charge for any updates.
How much service charge do I need to pay for updates?
You need to pay Rs.50 for any updates.
Is online appointment facility available in my locality?
UIDAI is extending its online appointment Services. It is in beta version. It is not available in all cities. But soon it shall be available.
You can check it on the UIDAI website by using location filter options. Here is the link to Locate an Enrolment / Update center near you.
Is it available in all Aadhar Seva Kendra?
No, it is not available in all Aadhar Seva Kendra. It is only available for UIDAI run exclusive Aadhar Seva Kendra. Soon it shall be available for other Register-run Aadhar Kendra.
Can I book an appointment to create a new Aadhaar card?
Yes, you can book for new Aadhar.
Do I need to bring my Original Documents for Aadhar Enrolment?
Yes, you need to bring original copies of supporting documents for Aadhaar enrolment.
These original copies will be scanned and handed back to you after the enrolment.
What are all Services for which I can book an appointment online?